If you own a pet in your home, then they will roam everywhere in your house. During this, if a pet accident occurs on your precious carpet or upholstery places, then they become dirty. Also, these urine affected areas will stink a lot from your carpets, if proper cleaning is not done.
Distilled white vinegar is considered as an excellent cleaning. Moreover, it will also neutralize the pet urine smell of ammonia. So, learn here the steps to use vinegar for pet urine odor removal from your carpet.
Quick Steps To Use Vinegar For Pet Urine Odor Removal
- As soon as your pet accident occurs, start blotting the liquid with the help of dry paper towels.
- Take one part of water and one part of vinegar solution in a bowl. Now pour this solution on the affected area of your carpet.
- Allow the solution to absorb inside the lower carpet fibers for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the liquid is dried out, sprinkle a pinch of baking soda on the affected area of the carpet.
- Let the baking soda powder rest for 10-15 minutes on the carpet. Baking soda will remove the bad odor of your pet urine.
- At last vacuum the carpet or upholstery to fully dry it out.
Note: White vinegar will not fade the color of your carpet or upholstery fibers.
Do You Need To Hire Professional Pet Urine Odor Removal Services?
You learned to use vinegar for pet urine odor removal in the above quick steps. So, follow them if you face a pet accident in your home. But, sometimes the urine is absorbed deep inside the carpet fibers. If you do not clean this urine properly, then mold growth or bacterias start forming.
While taking professional help like AVS Carpet Cleaning for pet odor and urine stain removal will benefit greatly. Our experts use high-tech water extraction tools to rinse and dry the carpet. This is a precaution step that we perform to avoid mold growth. To book your appointment with us, call at 619-410-4324. Stay updated with us on our Facebook page to know more about our pet urine removal services.