Our pets are the best companions we can ever have. Caring for them gives a feeling of affection towards them. But no matter what, nature calls!
Your pet may have been trained well, but certain accidents can’t be avoided. Pet urine on the carpet can leave stains and odor that are harmful to health.
Here are some ideas that are effective for carpet pet stain and odor removal.
Ideas To Remove Carpet Stain and Odor
1. Stain Removal
The first secreted urine has a pH of about 5 or 6, which shows the acidic side of the pH scale. It is easier to remove the urine at this stage. Once the urine is dry, its pH level goes between 10 to 12 and becomes difficult to remove.
⇒ New Stains
- Immediately put paper towels on the wet area.
- Soak up the urine as much as possible.
- Rinse the area with water and blot it till it dries up.
⇒ Old Stains
Some stains may get unnoticed over time, and it becomes difficult to remove them.
- Apply a solution of vinegar and warm water (1:1 ratio) to the stain.
- Pour some baking soda into the solution and let it dry. The fizzing sound indicates the lifting of stain particles.
- Once dry, vacuum the dried baking soda.
Although many discourage the use of vinegar on the carpets for the damage it can cause to the fabric. Always test on a hidden patch first to assess the suitability of the chemical.
2. Odor Removal
The decomposing urine causes an unpleasant odor due to the release of gases such as ammonia in the air.
- Applying bio-enzymes to the fibers to eliminate the odor-causing bacteria can be helpful.
- The use of baking soda while removing the stains also helps to reduce the pet odor.
You have done your best to keep your carpet clean using the carpet pet stain and odor removal ideas. But still wondering why the old stains still exist. It’s time to take help from the professional carpet cleaners.
Carpet Cleaner Service
AVS Carpet Cleaning provides carpet pet stain and odor removal services in San Diego. Our cleaners take special care to remove the pet stains and odor.
We assure fresh carpets to you using eco-friendly products keeping your house safe and healthy.